Astromenda is on Foxfire and I can not get it off
Tried everything Went to spyware solutions and all wanted to sell me a new program. Could not remove the program from the computer. Got message not administrator.
Finally went to a old restore point and restored. The program did not show up in control panel.
Foxfire would not open and got a message. Do not remember but something like 5 letters MD something.
Deleted Foxfire and did a new down load. Page came up as it was with all of my tabs (Win 8) and all looked good. Clicked on another tab to open and it was open to Astromenda page again. Went to my homepage icon and click that and the Astromenda page was changed to my set home page.
I would like to get it off totally so I do not have to click on the home icon every time I open a tab. Besides who know what else is going on.
Thanks for any help.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- thinkorswim loader
- thinkDesktop configuration loader
- Google Update
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Mindspark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Mindspark VDC Plugin for 32-bit Windows
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Office on Demand Plugin
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
It may have modified your preferences. Go to your about:config page and search for the browser.newtab.url preference. Right click on it and set it to default (should be about:newtab), or modify it to another link of your choice.
In order to change your Firefox Configuration please do the following steps:
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
Great info. Went right to it. The url is set to default.
I see a lot of other extensions that are set to all kind of different things.
The rest are directory, columns, directory, enabled, enhanced and so on.
The next over its Type which are marked string, interger or boolean.
So now what?
It doesn't seem like you got rid of the malware completely, can you try following either of these two guides:
These should only recommend free antimalware tools - if a tool asks you to pay for something ignore it. These two are free and used in the guides (don't need to do a trial, just install the free version):
Please see the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article. If you have any more problems trying to remove the malware, it might be better to post in a forum specializing in malware removal: