After reopening Firefox does not remember which desktop was used for each window. Can you help, please.
I'm using two displays and several desktops on my Mac (OS X 10.9.4). When I need to restart Firefox, it remembers to open windows from last session in correct display, but does not remember which desktop was used for each window. So when the application starts, it opens all windows on a desktop which is currently active instead of reopening them on desktops used during the last session. How to fix the issue?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Creative Cloud is installed on this machine.v_2_0_0_0
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Version 188.8.131.5203
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Allows digital signing with Estonian ID cards
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
Hi Nerva, Thank you for your question, there is a add on I have been recommended to custom set up of opening windows in new monitors. It's called Monitor Master.
However, in regards to the session remembering which monitor the window was open in, in the profile folder there is a file that stores window positions and dimensions. It is called localstore.rdf.
Please stay tuned for more investigation, as there are definitely bugs on file for similar issues. Pinpointing it is the hard part.
Thank you for your help.
I tried Monitor Master. Unfortunately it does the same thing: it will save and remember which display to use but nothing about the desktop.
The desktop I'm talking about is what I change using Ctrl + Left/Right arrow on my Mac. Display/monitor setting is saved and restored correctly but not the desktop setting. It keeps reopening windows on currently active desktop even they were on another desktop when I quit the application.
Nerva, I think this may have been a request in the sessionstore bug component for a while here is my search. Unfortunately I think this may be expected behavior.