Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Why do all my downloads "fail"?
I when I click on a file in Firefox, nothing happens and when I look in my downloads folder, the files say file. I was able to download files yesterday and I don't think I did anything to the settings. It happens with both files that are emailed to me and files on websites. I have tried everything in the Cannot Download or Save Files article so please don't post a link to that. Nothing worked, not even a reset. I would try scanning my computer for malware, but I CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING. I'm pretty sure this is a problem with Firefox since I am able to download and save files in Safari. I would just use another browser, but all my passwords, bookmarks, etc. are saved in Firefox. This is a very frustrating problem since people send me numerous files everyday that I have no way of viewing!
All Replies (1)
In order to fix the problem, try disabling the scanning as follows:
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page. A list of settings should appear
- Filter the list by typing in the search bar at the top. Type in scanWhenDone. You should now find the browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone preference.
- Double-click on that preference to set the value to false.
- Next, try to download something and see if it still hangs.
Please reply and tell us whether this helped you!
Okulungisiwe ngu guigs