Text shows gray boxes with letters and numbers?
Instead of showing certain characters/ASCII, it instead shows gray boxes with 4 letters/numbers. I have the "allow pages to choose their own fonts" checked, but it is the same with it on and off.
It was like this since I installed firefox, and fiddling with the font options did nothing. :/
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.67.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Unity Player 4.3.5f1
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
Those are Unicode codepoints. They're displayed when there's no font that can display the character in question.
What are the websites where this happens?
What are the codes in question? Please provide a screenshot.
- Click the ≡ Menu Button.
- Click the Question Mark icon.
- Click Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
- Click Restart. Does the problem go away?