downloads ALWAYS fail - but sucseed in other browsers.
Every time I click on a file to download - be it a word document, pdf or whatever - it always fail to download. This started earlier this week, it was fine before. Safari always succeeds in downloading them. I have reset, and also restarted with add - ons disabled already!
Any help would be massively appreciated :)
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.07
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.9
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
hello anyasheltawy, what happens exactly - do you get any error messages in the process?
no I dont, but when I click in the little downloads arrow in the top right hand corner it just says 'failed' next to the file. If I click on the 'refresh' arrow to try to repeat the download it fails again
have you tried setting a different download folder already? some other common troubleshooting steps for mac are also available at: What to do if you can't download or save files
What security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Did you check your security software (firewall, anti-virus)?
I have the same problem and I also tried a lot of troubleshooting advices without any success. The problem seems to be with OS X Parental Control turned on and using a other account than the one of the admin. The user sl-nw found a short-term solutions (changing back to version 31, working like a charm or turning off Parental Control), yet a long-term solution is needed: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1018279
Perhaps Firefox should add a bug fix to their next update.