About Firefox says updates are available on the website, but the website tells me to go to About Firefox. I have changed all the settings as recommended.
I go to About Firefox, and it doesn't start downloading anything (which I allowed in preferences), it just says go to firefox.com for updates. And firefox.com tells me to go into About Firefox. I have tried re-installing the browser a few times, and have updated all my preferences to the ones recommended. Still can't get updates to install. It's one big loop.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- GameTree Download Manager Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.6
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- npmnqmp 071503000004
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
Use the full installer
Let us know if you need more help.
If you see that there are update on the Mozilla server then you do not have write access to the directory where the Firefox application is installed.
In such a case you either need to repair the disk permissions to get write permission or download and save the full Firefox version and install that version.
You can find the full version of the current Firefox 31.0 release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here: