when a web site page can't be found why does it go to yahoo with a message
I will be on a web site doesn't matter which one and if I click to go to the next page, and it can't find it yahoo comes up with some crap I hate yahoo and if I can't fix this I will delete firefox and use something else
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.67.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer 18.104.22.168
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Unity Player 4.3.3f1
- Coupon Printer Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1245
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Some internet services and some add-ons may be paid by Yahoo to show you that page.
Does the Yahoo page mention DNS Solutions or similar language? Does it show a Help or About link that might lead to a page where you can "opt out" of the service?
To check whether one of your extensions is the culprit, you could test in Firefox's Safe Mode. That's a standard diagnostic tool to deactivate extensions and some advanced features of Firefox. More info: Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode.
You can restart Firefox in Safe Mode using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- Help menu > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Not all add-ons are disabled: Flash and other plugins still run
After Firefox shuts down, a small dialog should appear. Click "Start in Safe Mode" (not Reset).