What are the camera and microphone permissions?
Firefox 30.0. I'm not referring to a tablet or phone app - I'm using my laptop.
Since these permissions are on Page Info of all websites, what reason would they (any website) need permissions for microphone and/or camera? I'm into keeping as much private as possible. Along this vein, I was playing with About Permissions and had no idea I could actually block my location. It's great.
You need to grant permission to let websites access the camera and microphone.Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 1
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
That is about WebRTC (real time communications)
Note that you can set the defaults on the about:permissions page.
Yes, I did. I went there. I didn't get an answer for the use, though (see point 1). 1. If you click on the ? nothing opens. 2. Camera and mic aren't mentioned on the support page or in the photo. I would think permission is mine to choose, but I don't have a contract with NSA. (Kidding.)
Nice job. Thank you.
It looks like (at least a year ago), other browsers had the ability to scoop info without permission. Is that right? That's really the bottom line, isn't it?
The link language is a bit too advanced for me, but I think that you're telling me I don't have to make any adjustments to camera/mic permissions because Firefox isn't abusing my privacy.
You need to grant permission to let websites access the camera and microphone.