Firefox keeps crashing, how do I fix this?
Since today, Firefox keeps crashing as soon as I start using it, I've already looked for some ways to fix this online, but none of them helped. My plug-ins are up to date, and I already reinstalled it, none of those things helped. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Unity Player 4.3.5f1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
Resetting Firefox to its default state won't help either.
Well, without crash reports, we can't really do anything :)
Can you give me your crash reports?
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and paste them into your response here.
bp-a7bc11d2-3c9d-4cf7-87b2-aea822140611 bp-abf25f5b-f7b3-4078-a080-3db632140611 bp-ad292bf9-407e-4b45-8e2f-b3fc52140611 bp-21fd8aa6-68c2-4096-b525-154d42140611 bp-52157c20-2db4-44df-93c9-b7c072140611
Are Starting in safe Mode works (whether the crash stop or not )?For that go to Help Menu and choose to open with Add-on Disable. The crash test is similar to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=530074 . Else I think of the g-filter service is responsible for your crashes.(For g-service status go-to Start>Run>services.msc ) That software is possibly adware or malware so I recommend disabling it. You can do so by double-clicking the service and clicking "Stop" and then setting the Startup Type to "Disabled". Also run an antivirus scan also.
How do I find the ad-or malware in all those things?
like, i dont know whats adware, and what isn't
A list of tools that you could use for scanning. Multiple and up to date tools need to be used.
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
- AdwCleaner: (for adware)
- Kaspersky Free security scan
For forum cross referencing purposes
- Reports for your Crash IDs
- Crash Signature: StrChrIA
- Related bugs include
- 627238 RESOLVED WORKSFORME blocklist CbFsMntNtf3.dll 18.104.22.168 to stop crashes [@ StrChrIA] caused by eldos Callback File System
- 530074 NEW --- Crash [@ StrChrIA ] from winsock and shlwapi.dll (LSP, evil *x86.dll module)
i used malwarebytes, found nothing, I want to do what chandan_baba said, but I don't know what's adware and what isn't also, safe mode didn't stop the crashing, if that's of any help
Okulungisiwe ngu Amaranthus
Is that an en-US version of Firefox?
Or a localization? Bug # 530074 mentions issues with the de - German language version recently.
Also mentioned awhile ago was something to do with Bit Defender.
Some malware may use false names possibly the name of a genuine component or a modified name from another genuine component, doing full scans with multiple fully updated tools is important. Single tools such as malwarebytes will not identify everything everytime.
I did observe some items in the report were potentially more suspicious on the grounds that they did not have full info and It may be worth finding all copies of and individually scanning the following.
ill look for those tomorrow then (cant get on computer atm) i also only did a quick malwarebytes scan, would a full scan find the malware maybe? Also, it's the Dutch/Belgian version of firefox.
With any scans, always use Full. A quick scan only checks a few systems.
Run most or all of the listed malware scanners. Each works differently. If one program misses something, another may pick it up.
did a scan with avg couldnt delete what it found scan with malwarebytes, found nothing scan with spybot deleted what it found, but problem still there
What did AVG find? Why could it not be removed?
avg sucks at removing for me problem seems to be fixed now after installing avast which deleted and blocked a certain danger lets hope it stays like this
Can you tell us what was done so that others will know what to do?
avg is pretty crappy, idk why it couldnt delete it anywho, i downloaded avast, which deleted the threat after a scan