can i change the current firefox google page to stop the annoying moving objects?
For some reason, I find the browser page moving objects really annoying. I would like that to be taken off and just leave the google bar the way it was with nothing running around on the page.
I need to change this
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
- Type about:config into the address bar and press Enter.
- To bypass the warning, press the big button labeled "I'll be careful, I promise!".
- In the search box, paste browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl
- In the search results, double-click browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl
- In the "Enter string value" dialog, press the Delete key so that there's no text remaining, then press either Enter or the OK button. As a side-effect, only default tips will be displayed below the search box, because new ones won't be fetched from the web anymore.
- Type about:support into the address bar and press Enter.
- Click the Show Folder button. A Windows Explorer window with your profile folder opens. In that window, open the storage folder, then the persistent subfolder.
- Exit Firefox.
- Delete the moz-safe-about+home folder.
This will permanently delete that folder. It was suggested to change the about:home page to another website. Try: How to disable or change the Thunderbird start page
Okulungisiwe ngu guigs
You can reset the browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl pref via the right-click context menu to the default value to re-enable the snippets and make Firefox recreate the moz-safe-about+home folder.
You need to close and restart Firefox after changing the value of the browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl pref.