Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
I am unable to change my "mailto" selection to Runbox, please help
I want my email preference to be runbox but the "mailto" menu won't let me select this. How do i fix this?
All Replies (18)
Do you access your Runbox email in Firefox, or in a separate program, such as Thunderbird?
Let me assume you access it using the Runbox webmail site in Firefox. I didn't see the answer in a web search, so we're probably going to have to cobble something together with a little trial and error.
If you click this link, does it work to start composing a new message?
Or if you click an email address in an email message, what URL do you get?
Hello and thank you for your quick reply. Yes, it took me to the runbox compose email page. How can I get that page automatically?
There are two possibilities:
- Add a custom handler to Firefox's options dialog
- Use (create?) an add-on which detects email links in pages and fixes them up with that link
To try #1, first open up your mailbox on runbox.com.
Check the domain name in the address bar: is it just https://runbox.com/ or is there an additional element such as www or mail in there? You may need to adapt step 2 to match.
(1) Below your inbox, open Firefox's Web Console using any of these:
- Command+Alt+k (Windows: Ctrl+Shift+k)
- "3-bar" menu button > Developer > Web Console
- Tools menu > Web Developer > Web Console:
The Web Console usually appears across the bottom part of the tab.
(2) Type or paste one of the following next to the caret (»):
(no www version)
Then press the Enter or Return key to execute it.
An infobar should open at the top of the page (between the toolbar area and the page). Click "Add Application". You now can close the Web Console using any of the same methods you used for opening it.
If the infobar does not open and the Web Console displays "Not allowed to register a protocol handler for mailto" then:
- In a new tab, type or paste about:config and press Enter/Return to open the preferences editor. Click the button promising to be careful.
- In the search box that appears about the list, type mailto and pause while the list is filtered.
- If network.protocol-handler.external.mailto is bolded and user set to false, double-click it to toggle its value back to true.
- Switch back to your Runbox tab and start this step 2 again.
If you get a different error, please report back on what it is.
(3) Assuming the handler is added successfully: Open the Options/Preferences dialog as usual:
- "3-bar" menu button > Options > Applications
- (Mac) Firefox menu > Preferences > Applications
- (Win) Tools menu > Options > Applications
In the search box above the list, type or paste mailto and pause while Firefox filters the list. On the right-side dropdown, you should now find an entry for Runbox.
Does it work?
Thank you. I was able to change the "mailto" to runbox, but when I try to forward an email link the website info populates the To area instead of the content area.
Hmm. When you use Email Link for this page, Firefox replaces %s with this:
I'm not sure how best to feed that to Runbox. As a wild guess, what if you click these:
Hello, The 2nd one works, now what do I do with it?
Okay, if you create a new handler, I guess you might have to choose it when you want to mail a page but not check the box to use it every time.
As before (https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1004291#answer-585714), with this new command, depending on the domain of your mail page:
Okulungisiwe ngu jscher2000
When I tried to enter this in the web console I kept getting a syntax error message. The 2nd choice worked when I clicked on it in your email. It took me right to the compose section.
I accidentally deleted the %s in the links when I was editing. Please try whichever is more relevant:
thank you thank you thank you
I am so sorry to bother you again but this issue is not quite resolved. When I click on email link , I am taken to the Runbox compose page but the link that I want to send is not there. So Close!
Whoops, I wonder what changed.
Does it matter whether you are already logged in to Runbox?
Is your mailbox on a different server than we set up before?
It is the same server. I didn't see a difference if Runbox is open. The image or article I want to forward the link to doesn't travel to runbox:(
I signed up for a trial account and couldn't figure out how to make it work. I submitted a support ticket.
Just wondering if there were any answers or solutions?
They haven't replied further in my support thread. I suspect they don't have any intention to support it, or they would have done it some time ago.
Okay, here is the script. It should work for both regular "mailto" links and the Email Link function.
You will need Greasemonkey to run it (install this first): https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/
I only tested it very lightly, but it seems to work so far.
moderator removed the "solved" tag from this thread as it isn't solved completely, yet