Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Whatever E-Mail I use with Firefox I am unable to attach any files to a message as it will not open a window to show me my folders where I can chose a file.
I have tried allowing the website and clicking on the padlock and checking the allow on pop ups etc but I just can't get Firefox to attach ANY file to an e-mail. When I want to send a file I have to log out and open up Google Chrome and log in again.
All Replies (6)
Email attachments are not working in Firefox 30 that seems odd? Try the following:
- Allow the anitvirus or firewall for Firefox to upload files.
- are you using ad block plus? Check to see if there is something blocking on the email page
- Try to reproduce this in Safe ModeDiagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode
- Other suggestions are to reinstall, but Resting Firefox should be fine. Reset Firefox preferences to troubleshoot and fix problems
Please post back with the results, this will help other users.
Okulungisiwe ngu guigs
Thanks for the reply.
1. Not sure what you mean here. 2. Not resolved 3. Same problem 4. Not resolved
It must be something within the Firefox set up as Google Mail works fine. Everytime I want to send a file I have to log out and log back in using Chrome which is a pain. Its probably something simple but I don't know what unfortunately lol
Google Chrome sorry not Google Mail
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- > Options/Preferences> Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- > Options/Preferences > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
No that doesn't help either sorry. I have also tried adding the e-mail address within the pop up blocker exceptions too but that doesn't work.
Another linked problem is if I go into certain sites and they open another window with something to print Firefox won't open the other window and it also won't open the print option box either to print things.
Do you have an antivirus or ad blocker that may be preventing Firefox from uploading?
It may be helpful to open up the Web Console to see where along the time line the action is stopped when you try to upload. Post a screenshot of the web console when you try this.