I am going through a project now to update my email address in my hundreds of online profiles... all because I'm changing email service (from earthlink to a combo of iclo… (閱讀更多)
I am going through a project now to update my email address in my hundreds of online profiles... all because I'm changing email service (from earthlink to a combo of icloud and mailfence) and am anal about updating my records/profiles. I'm also trying to clean up any multiple-account/multiple-username type situations I'm coming across. My Firefox account email address update is making some issues surface. Here's what's happened . . .
So far, on mozilla.org, I was able to change my email@example.com email address to firstname.lastname@example.org wherever that field is in my profile. I can't recall what my USERNAME was for that case. I THINK, somewhere along the way, I also DELETED my "email@example.com" account on mozilla.org, though I wouldn't bet my life on it. All I know is:
1. I'm able to LOG IN aok to mozilla.org using firstname.lastname@example.org and a password. Yay!
2. BUT . . . ANNOYING: I am seeing that when I get onto mozilla.org (such as on a Firefox Forum Support page) using email@example.com and my password, the upper right part of the screen shows "alysenet1" not plain vanilla alysenet.
3. AND . . . ANNOYING...and what I'm trying to SOLVE is: When I go into my firstname.lastname@example.org profile and try to CHANGE my username from alysenet1 to alysenet, I get a "username already taken" message.
I think MAYBE the "username already taken" is due to *MY* originally having an email@example.com account and maybe the system still considers it "active" even though I (am pretty sure) I *deleted* my Firefox firstname.lastname@example.org account on 07-26-2021.
Would the system say "username already taken" even if I was the one who had that username and deleted that account? Dunno if that's what's going on; I'm trying to understand what's going on.
BOTTOM LINE: Can you please:
(1) look into whether the "alysenet" as well as "alysenet1" were/are BOTH *ME* ??? Alyse Simon, in San Diego? If you need additional identification to make sure that "alysenet1" and not just alysenet, is Me, just let me know what you'd like to know.
(2) fix the system so I can change my username from alysenet1 to alysenet?