Logging in works without problems in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Opera. For Firefox (66.0), I get: "We were unable to find an account with that email address. Ple…
Logging in works without problems in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Opera. For Firefox (66.0), I get:
"We were unable to find an account with that email address. Please try again."
Walmart Canada: https://www.walmart.ca/sign-in
1. Content Blocking turned on or OFF COMPLETELY (Off: Custom, then both options unchecked).
2. Unable to add the website to Content Blocking Exceptions, because the choice is never given to do so when clicking on the Site Information icon, and the "Manage Exceptions" for Content Blocking does not allow additions. These are both true also with a new Firefox Profile. I am NOT using Private Browsing.
3. Restarted Firefox with Add-ons Disabled.
4. Added https://www.walmart.ca/ to Exceptions - Cookies and Site Data, to Allow.
5. Cleared "Cookies and Site Data", plus "Cached Web Content".
6. Dispite there being no notifications in Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, I completely disabled it and it's Web Protection.
7. Created new Firefox Profile. Success ... But only once! As soon as I close Firefox and open it again (with the same new Profile and same settings), I cannot log in again.
8. Doing items 1-6 with the new Firefox Profile accomplishes nothing. Cannot log in after the first time with a new Firefox Profile.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that this started just recently during the past 2 weeks. Previously I was able to login and use the Walmart Canada website with no problem. Walmart's response to the issue is that I should use Google Chrome.
Why can't I order an online item from Walmart Canada with Firefox 63.0.1 but can with Internet Explorer ?
Hello, If I try to purchase an online item from Walmart Canada using Firefox latest update, it does not bring up the "Add to Cart" link. If I do this on Internet Explorer…
If I try to purchase an online item from Walmart Canada using Firefox latest update, it does not bring up the "Add to Cart" link.
If I do this on Internet Explorer, it brings up the "Add to Cart" link on the item/product webpage.
Firefox version is 63.0.1, all cookies are enabled (?), and the browser cache is cleared. I have Windows 7 Pro SP 3, 64 bit.
Is there some SETTING either NOT turned on, or SHOULD be turned on for this, in Firefox ?
Thanx loads for your help.