After 72.0.2 update pages load slower - every link I click hangs for 1-2 seconds before loading. Even with only 1 process.
After 72.0.2 I started to notice performance problems with my firefox. Symptoms are similiar to my multiprocess problems I had after it was added. I managed to avoid it f…
After 72.0.2 I started to notice performance problems with my firefox. Symptoms are similiar to my multiprocess problems I had after it was added. I managed to avoid it for some time by limiting processes number to 1 (which was 4 in reality)
Long story short: when you open new tab firefox has to create new process which is somewhat correlated to your PC performance (however it hangs up even on 4800MHz i5 with nvme pci-e 3.0 x4 ssd so....). When this process is already created and you enter different website it is smooth - firefox does not have to create another process until you open NEW TAB or it reaches its limit (from 1 to 8 processes/tabs) - set via settings. If limit was set to more than 1 I had problems with hanging up for few seconds until I reached limit - so if it was set to 4 I opened 1 tab and 3 links I clicked (with new tabs) slowed firefox down for me, but 4th, 5th etc. were fine. So I set it to 1 permanently and problem disappeared - every tab opened as fast as before.
But now problem seems to have returned. I still have 1 in my settings but symptoms are pretty much the same (but there are only 4 processes). However browser is not hanging up - it seems like connection is. It does nothing - "waiting for xxxxxx" in lower left corner and then after 1-2s page actually starts to load. It is present on every website I visit, no matter how many tabs or windows I open.
So my question is - what did you break in this firefox version? Previously it was youtube, now it is all sites...
I have been using this tablet everyday for over 5 years. It is running Windows 8.1. Today (1/19/2020) it began exhibiting weird problems. (1) Most noticeable is if I w…
I have been using this tablet everyday for over 5 years. It is running Windows 8.1. Today (1/19/2020) it began exhibiting weird problems. (1) Most noticeable is if I want to drag the screen up or down it "almost" doesn't respond. That is, if I put my finger or stylus at a point, say near the bottom of the screen and drag up to the top, the screen image will only move 1/3 or 1/2 of the screen. For the last 5 or more years it would go all the way up.
(2a) Before, on a page with links I could touch the link (with finger or stylus) and a pop-up would give me the option to "Open Link in new tab or container or......" Now those options don't appear and when I take my finger off the link it opens in a new window (as I have set FireFox in options).
(2b) It seems it I touch just near the link but not on it, it still opens the link in a new window.
FireFox 72.0.1 (32-bit) was installed 10 days ago but this problem just showed up today (1/19/2020).
Windows installed two updates and a security update yesterday. I uninstalled all three and still I have the problem.