How do i remove the annoying ad and video that pops up when you click on the map accidently I dont want this feature its disrupting and highly annoying
The new fire fox comes with a blue map, However if you click on it it diverts you from your home search page to a blue screen and starts playing a video of kids wanting to improve the way firefox should be There also links on this page to facebook twitter etc. I want to remove this feature from fire fox How do i do it
Apparently the map will go away on its own in a few days, after which you'll see the Firefox logo as usual.
If you can't wait that long,
- Type about:config into the address bar and press Enter.
- To bypass the warning, press the big button labeled "I'll be careful, I promise!".
- In the search box, paste browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl
- In the search results, double-click browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl
- In the "Enter string value" dialog, press the Delete key so that there's no text remaining, then press either Enter or the OK button. As a side-effect, only default tips will be displayed below the search box, because new ones won't be fetched from the web anymore.
- Type about:support into the address bar and press Enter.
- Click the Show Folder button. A Windows Explorer window with your profile folder opens. In that window, open the storage folder, then the persistent subfolder.
- Exit Firefox.
- Delete the moz-safe-about+home folder.