Firefox crushed on close about 50% of the time.
I receive the following report, the browser can be started again without any problem and will not crash a second time.
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: firefox.exe Application Version: 18.104.22.16856 Application Timestamp: 52fc0faa Fault Module Name: xul.dll Fault Module Version: 22.214.171.12456 Fault Module Timestamp: 52fc0f79 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 001560c7 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: a7aa Additional Information 2: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d Additional Information 3: a7aa Additional Information 4: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
Create a new Firefox Profile and give a try
- Profiles - Where Firefox stores your bookmarks, passwords and other user data - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data
- Create a New Profile - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_new_Firefox_profile_on_Windows
- Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles
- Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/back-and-restore-information-firefox-profiles
Use "Firefox > Exit" (Windows: Firefox/File > Exit; Mac: Firefox > Quit Firefox; Linux: Firefox/File > Quit) to close Firefox if you are currently doing that by clicking the close X on the Firefox title bar.