How can I get rid of OUTOBOX malware?
My PC is infected with OUTOBOX malware. Pls help me get rid of it.
Don't think this has anything to do with firefox but here is something that might help
Let me know what you come up with ok.
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I have MS SE installed in my PC but it does not recognize this malware as a threat.
You should always scan with more than one programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
All these programs have free versions.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
This malware is affecting your Firefox?
Did you try Start Firefox in Safe Mode?
Try create a new profile:
Also try a clean reinstall:
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not run Firefox's uninstaller or use a third party remover as part of this process, because that could permanently delete your Firefox data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device!
Well, the mentioned outobox has many other clones of it, e.g., AtuZi, PlurPush, etc. Such adware are typically bundled with some aggressive downware even those come from some popluar download site like CNET, SoftPedia. Thus, to avoid such PUP infection, take the below tips:
1. Scan your setup file, downloaded stuff and more via your installed av program, or using VirusTotal. 2. Say NO to any other additional options for installing 3rd-party items. 3. Regularly examine your programs list and add-ons list. Remove PUPs via Add/Remove or with some professional uninstall tool.
由 James 於 修改