Cookies not showing up even though I have them enabled
When I go to erase cookies, none are showing up even though I have them enabled. This has just started happening since I reinstalled Firefox. I do not have privacy mode enabled. I was having a lot of trouble connecting to a particular site so I uninstalled Firefox then reinstalled it. Since then I am not able to see what cookies are on my computer. Also, I still have issues connecting to the site in question.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
hello, could you go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information, copy the contents of that page and paste them here into a reply on the forum? this might give us a clue what is going on...
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode (Never remember history).
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
I have never had "Always use private browsing mode" selected and it is not selected now.
It is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies is corrupted if clearing cookies doesn't work.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookies files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox profile folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.