Where did "My Search come from? is it from Fire Fox?
I recently discovered a new home page on my browser "My Search" is this from Mozilla? How do I get rid of it? it dosn't show up on installed programs . therefore I presume it is part of Fire Fox
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.18
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
This may be an add-on that silently installed. Check in safe mode if you are experiencing this issue.
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Firefox Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode that turns off some settings and disables most add-ons (extensions and themes).
(If you're using an added theme, switch to the Default theme.)
If Firefox is open, you can restart in Firefox Safe Mode from the Help menu by clicking on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item:
If Firefox is not running, you can start Firefox in Safe Mode as follows:
- On Windows: Hold the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article to find the cause.
To exit Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. We can help look into what happened and to possibly block that add-on if possible. If you find out what add-on it is, please go to Firefox button -> Help -> Troubleshooting Information and from there find the add-on and the extension ID. This might help others with the same problem.