Firefox crashes after having installed Flash, don't know why. Is this fixable?
When ever install Flsh, it then crashes Firefox, I really don't know why. I have Firefox Version 26.0 on windows 7 Home premium 64 bit. I see that others have had this issue and nothing is showing up as for a selution to this issue.
Please also state the version of Flash layer installed. Presumably it has worked previously in Firefox.
Sorry you are having problems with FlashPlayer FLashPlayer should work with Firefox and play most FlashPlayer movies etc. without too many problems. It certainly should not crash Firefox.
Congratulations ! At least you did the correct thing and started your own thread by asking a question.
You may already have tried these but do all this at once and see what happens. Hopefully Flash Player will then work and not crash. Later we can try to get it back to a normal configuration. These are troubleshooting steps.
- Create a new additional profile for testing purposes
See Profile Manager - Create, remove, or switch Firefox profiles#w_creating-a-profile
- Run Fire Firefox using that new profile
- Disable FlashPlayers protected mode
You need to edit the adobe config file. (Do it manually you may need to be able to reverse this.)
- Start Firefox in Firefox's safemode
Press andhold the Returnkey when starting,or use the menu options.
see Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode
- Ensure all plugins except FlashPlayer are disabled
see Disable or remove Add-ons_how-to-disable-plugins
- Browse and use Flashlayer.
- Report back with how you get on.
- If you have crashes in this configuration post the crash ID confirming you have done all of the above and still crashed.
Navigate to about:crashes and look for crash submitted reports with ID s starting bp-
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 2 or 3 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and paste them into your response here. With confirmation of the Firefox settings etc.
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Anyone else with Flash Player problems.
By all means read this thread for advice but please start your own thread by using
General advice is as follows
Crashes or other problems with certain multimedia content in Firefox (such as Youtube videos and Flash animations or games) can often be resolved by performing the steps in these Knowledge Base articles:
On Windows Vista and above, you can disable Flash protected mode by following the instructions on these pages:
(See this Adobe blog post for technical details about Flash protected mode.)
Please tell us if this helped!