after the last Firefox update (VER 26.0) i found that when i try to pause any download activity , the pause option appear dimmed (grey colored - not active) , so i tried to run Firefox in Safe mode and i already done resetting Firefox but there is no use , the problem is still there , what should i do to solve this problem ??
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
WARNING: Do not run Firefox's uninstaller or use a third party remover as part of this process, because that could permanently delete your Firefox data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device!
thank you for trying to help but i tried what you said and the problem is still there.
the most unpredictable thing is when i tried to install another version of Mozilla from Mozilla official website ( i selected the option to download and install directly from the website) this action solved the problem and the pause option return to be active but in the same time the browser turned to be slow and not acting as normal (may be because i installed Firefox without removing the already installed browser). what do you think about that ?
remove all existing versions of Firefox, setup a new version (why don't give beta or pre-beta versions a try?) then try again if the problem exists or not, also make sure you don't install too much addons!(install only those which you think will be essential)
Some video download extensions have been reported to cause this issue, so you may have to disable them for now and check if there is an update or contact the developer for support.
If it works in Safe Mode and in normal mode with all extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "Firefox > Exit" (Windows: Firefox/File > Exit; Mac: Firefox > Quit Firefox; Linux: Firefox/File > Quit)