Does Firefox support the use of HTTPS Everywhere program?
I have just found out about this program https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere and would like your opinion as to it's use and safety. Does Mozilla support this add on? Happy New Year Thank you
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
It does say Install For Firefox on the page you link, when you click it should install or ask you to allow and proceed with the installation
Many thanks Waka_Flocka_Flame I apologize if my query was a little vague but is this program something you and other Firefox helpers would use and approve of? I'm just checking the validity of the program. Thank you
From the security perspective, it's good. From a site functionality perspective, it's not perfect. Some sites do not work correctly when forced to use a secure connection. So you may find some issues along the way.
I've used it before, but i try to cut down on the addons, and yes it does cause problems with sites at times.
Note that most if not all addons are made by third party developers and NOT mozilla.
Happy New Year and thank you
I've decided to try it, and will look at reporting any difficulties I have here in the thread or where appropriate. I'm new here at the moment, and will try to learn the ropes as I go along. Please feel free to let me know anytime I violate protocol or how to get up and running around with you guys better.
Thanks. I'm running on a Toshiba Satellite laptop, with Vista right now; Firefox 27.0 and currently I operate without the battery since most of my use is at home on the porch or at the kitchen table.
Was HTTPS Everywhere removed from the Firefox add-ons page if so then why?
Hi iggy89, I don't know whether that extension was ever submitted to the Mozilla Add-ons site. Did you find an old link to it there that no longer works?
No, I read about it so I did a search on the Firefox add-ons page it came up with something called "HTTPS Nowhere" then I saw a comment by someone on the add-ons page that said HTTPS Everywhere was still available on the eff url page as I remember.
由 iggy89 於 修改
I have been having problems with FF 28.0 freezing when I try to open a private window. I have to cancel it to get FF to stop. After safe mode restarts, disabling all add-ons etc., I can definitely say the culprit is HTTPS-Everywhere 3.5.
Yup. Would be good for FF to make this a little easier to find. I was suddenly crashing several times a day, and after trying everything the volunteer support people here suggested, finally figured out (I think - haven't crashed since I disabled it) it was HTTPS Everywhere causing the crashes.