Firefox help drop down menu disabled
I'm running Firefox 26, as far as I can tell. When I try to open the Help drop down menu with my mouse or Alt-H, nothing happens. The Help menu doesn't drop down.
I scanned for Malware, but found nothing.
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- On Windows you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by quitting Firefox and then going to your Terminal and running: firefox -safe-mode (you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
- If you have many extensions then first enable half of the extensions to test which half has the problem.
- Continue to divide the bad half that still has the issue until you find which one is causing it.
I tested safe mode and it is one of the extensions. I have been so busy with the holidays, I haven't had a chance to determine which one. I will use the half and half method as it makes obvious sense. I will keep you posted when resolved.
Thanks to both of you for taking time to help me.