My add-ons manager can't tell if plug-ins are up to date or let me update them.
I can't work with any of my plugins because the plugin check says the status of all my plugins is "unknown," and offers no action except the "?research" option. I can't uninstall them, either.
I am trying to make google hangouts work with firefox, and I think I need to be able to remove or update old google voice/video plugins to do that. But I can't get at them.
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Version 184.108.40.20610
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY MyCamera Download Plugin
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.0
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Does Google have any "uninstaller" or "updater" for its stuff?
If you don't mind deleting those plugin files by hand, you can get the locations from a different page. Type or paste about:plugins in the address bar and press Enter. For each plugin file, the physical location should be listed. Note that some folders may be hidden and in order to reach those, you may want to copy as much as possible of the path (not including the final file name) and paste that into Finder to drill down into the hidden folders.