cache after crash
Firefox crashed (causes don't matter) . Ok, next time I open firefox all the cache is deleted even if all the cache was still there in the cache folder. Every time this happens it's a headache because you have to load the pages again. When it happened again I tried to copy the files from the cache folder elsewhere. Then after firefox had deleted the cache close the browser and replace the new cache files with these old ones. checked firefox and it didn't work, firefox deleted everything again or ignored it and used the last session cache.Tried again, this time with the cache folder and later, the profile folder, same result. Is there a way to back up the cache after a browser crash? or to prevent it's deletion?
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.4"
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Thanks for the reply .The browser works fine. It's more like a general example. The browser crashing or the pc getting turned off with the browser opened that firefox counts as crashing too and will delete the cache on the next session. But what do i do to save that cache? I don't want it to be deleted.
Hi seraph9851, When you say cache, do you mean the browsing history? It is possible to show all history and to save them in a text file, but this may be tedious. A little trick is to export the profile folder.
So, copy your profile folder found on this location: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
Make a copy of it and check out these on how to manage profiles: http://mzl.la/LL5Dxl That will have all the information on how to recover or save the history as well from the profile.
Also after a crash if you change the Preferences of Firefox to open windows from last time, on a crash this will save the tabs that were open before the crash. Hope this helps.