advertising search terms
Recently, I have noticed that on some websites certain key phrases or words are underlined in green and an advert pops up once you put your mouse over these words. In particular, phrases like "gold and silver", "black and white", "fresh food", "liberal", "conservative", "economy" (plus many others) have this featured attached to them. If you place your mouse over these words a small box pops up saying "savesupto10 percent", "download firefox", "consumers finance daily - save 100%" (etc) as well as some other websites your dodgy links.
Why is this happening? How do I get rid of it? It only cropped up recently.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Install Adblock Plus. Once installed, you should automatically be subscribed to the EasyList filter set. If not, do so manually.
If the problem persists, post a few example links.
ok thanks for that.
由 danielgee_01 於 修改
1. You have to just Disable every add-one you are having in your mozilla browser. Just a simple way to do that is described below.. 1> Go to Firefox (the icon upside left).. 2> See help.. there is an option named... 3> RESTART WITH ADD-ON DISABLED. select that option- it will disable your every add-on & restart the Mozilla.. Because there are many add-ons of firefox which displays coupens & ads like that.. They are>> Coupens checkout, Coupens digger, coupens helper, Stumble upon, Boo.ly,etc... Remove them totally by going to ADD-ons>> Extensions>> select extension>> Remove.. OR IF This things don't works for you, then the simple & fast Solution is HERE.... 1> Go to HELP 2> TROUBLESHOOTING INFORMATION 3> RESET FIREFOX...
You are a god among men - now how do I delete and close down this account?
Please check your plugins and make sure to update outdated plugins (at least Java and Flash).
I did not mean logging out, I meant:
1) deactivating/deleting this thread; 2) deleting/removing my account to post here ( danielgee_01 ); 3) or at a minimum changing the nickname on here....
You can cancel your Persona account at any time:
Go to https://login.persona.org and click the Sign In button. Type your Persona username and password and click Sign In. On the Account Manager page click the cancel your account link at the bottom of the page. Click the OK in the confirmation dialog that appears.. Is your both problems solved..???
Hey, IS it solved or not..??? Reply plz..
Yep thanks - please delete this thread and my username/account (which I only made to ask the above).