major issues with Forefox sync
Everytime I wish to set up a Sync it goes to hell. I setup a Firefox Sync account, I select Pair a Device and I select Set up Firefox Sync on the other device. I click on I have an account and the link is dead. I check to find out if I am logged in or not. Search for Firefox sync page on google. (What is wrong with a bloody link FF/Mozilla??) All connected, try again = The same bloody result I select Pair a Device on the other (by now I just do this for kicks) and guess what, Create a New Account or I Have an Account. As I already have an account, I select I Have an Account... Dead link, Right click and I don't even get the expected menu of options on what to do with the webpage.
Have broken the camels back and would like an actual SOLUTION instead of Firefox's (probably correct if bug free and behaving) in my experience completely incorrect and unhelpful standard issue operating instructions.
any assistance (ASAP as I might be forced tp move to another more reliable browser) would be most gratefully recieved.
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.04
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Besides manually exporting all of your bookmarks there is a way to sync the old account. Since the link is not doing anything and the new account button is not doing anything either, something is blocking the action that should be triggered from that button in the set up. Are there any error messages when the button does not do anything?
First we will need to determine if there is an account connected already: On the new device when you click Tools > Set up Sync the page will have two options if an account is not already connected. If the menu says "Sync Now' then the account is attached.
Since the link is not working and you already have an account, reinstalling Firefox on the new device or resetting Firefox only on the new device, will eliminate a corrupt application. Please only reset if there is no data on the browser on the new device such as bookmarks, history etc that you want to sync because resetting will delete this information.
Then with a new reinstall if the button still does not work, there have been two other solutions to this issue in the past:
- Whitelist in firewall or Whitelist the sync options with these options here: [Sync Preferences]
- It is possible to trouble shoot the connection if you open up a Web Console and see if there is a server response when you click the button that is not responding.
- Disable all plug ins and try the set up(in the past it was reported by contributors that it was this plug in: F.B. Purity extension. )