works on pages are highlighted and linked, how do i stop that?
duplicate of /questions/971290 ~j99
i understand that links are in blue, but i am getting suggested links in other colors and things that may or may not be link is different colors. i even have pictures pop up when i move my mouse over these highlighted words. it's like there are KEY WORDS that LIGHT UP... can i stop this? here is an example:
Psychic Society International certification: 12-1-1998 Ordained, Reverend, Universal Life Church: 4-21-1999
certification, Ordained, and Universal Life are all HIGHLIGHTED and when in put my mouse over it a picture will show up.
how can i stop this??
由 John99 於 修改
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
Can you provide a URL for a couple of pages that have this problem so a volunteer can take a look at the site?
Do ads appear when you mouse over those phrases? Some extensions include that advertising technology, but I'd be surprised if someone is using those terms to display ads. Still, worth checking.
Try disabling ALL nonessential or unrecognized add-ons on these two tabs (if you don't use the add-on every day, disable it, it's easy to re-enable):
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons > Plugins category
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons > Extensions category
Usually a link will appear above a disabled extension to restart Firefox. You can complete your work on the add-ons page and click the link as the last step.