How do I remove the browser redirector virus
How do I get rid of the Browser update virus. It activates any time you go to a Firefox or IE browser. Long and tedious methods have been suggested to fix it. Basically as window opens on any Firefox web page saying it is time to update when I am already using Firefox 23.0.1
Viruses can be tough adversaries.
If you haven't already, you may want to run some supplemental scanners. These three tools are highly regarded (and free):
- Malwarebytes Anti-malware : http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
- AdwCleaner : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ (ignore banner ads for other products)
- SUPERAntiSpyware : http://www.superantispyware.com/
Within Firefox, problem usually arise among the Extensions and when your settings keep reverting when you restart the browser, in a user.js file. These articles should help in tracking those down:
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems - I'd skip to the disable all section
- How to fix preferences that won't save
You can check the target command line in the Properties of Firefox desktop shortcut to make sure that nothing is appended.