How do I search the forum in case my issue has been discussed?
I'm trying to use the forum to resolve a couple of problems but I can't find a way to search the forum contents to see if my issue has already been addressed.
This forum seems to be structured differently than any other forum I've used on the internet. Am I missing something?
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Picasa plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
You can visit your profile and see which questions and anwers you have done.
You can also use the search tool near the top of the page.
Yes it does have a search function.
But even the advanced search function is very basic and IMO not much good. It tends to either not be able to find what you want or maxes out with 1000 hits and no easy method to search within those, or whatever else is in the forum.
If the subject is: recent, not closed, and in the main support forum use Google instead.
- Advanced search from "contributors tools" option at top of page
- ordinary search e.g. from this questions search page
There are other resources with information that are even harder to find/browse/search
What is the issue you are looking for ?
I am afraid we do not make it easy to get information from the forum.
You may have noticed you will also be offered information if you try to post a question.
Additionally the forum will filter by tags, and also categorises by Topic but again IMO the system is broken. Look at the long list of Topics in this metrics report, but note most topics are in fact empty !
This is from a previous post....
I am having a problem with sync. On both my computers. When I click on the ff button, then go to "set up sync..." my choices are; create a new account or I have an account.
When I choose I have an account I get the pair a device codes however when I go to my other computer and enter the codes, click next, I get the ff Sync screen asking me to either create new or I have an account.
I have tried and searched for the recovery key and the manage account page but can not find either.
No matter how I open sync, the button/option, the set up sync or the sync from the ff start page, I get the same results.
Yes I saw the previous thread
If you are having problems with that still you are best to continue in that thread. If you do not have a valid key for the currently set sync the problem is resetting loses any info you may have on the server
- The kb articles mentioning sync are listed from this search
- other more technical resources if you are interested are
Whilst not part of Mozilla you will also find KB articles and forum discussions on the subject in the highly respected mozillazine site http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php
Thanks. I will continue on that thread. The problem is not having a key. The problem is not being able to access page that contains the information I need.
locking this thread as the Owner is continuing here - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/969567