My Vertical Scrollbar has vanished. How do I get it back?
Firefox won't show/allow any vertical scrollbars on any webpages.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If a reset is too drastic, you could first try Firefox's Safe Mode. That's a standard diagnostic tool to bypass interference by extensions and some custom settings. More info: Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode.
You can restart Firefox in Safe Mode using
Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
In the dialog, click "Start in Safe Mode" (not Reset)
Try updating the Shockwave Flash plugin, as well as all other plugins that need updating.
It is possible that the screen is too wide or too high and that the scroll bars fall off.
- Use Restore or Maximize in the right-click context menu of the Taskbar icon to set focus to the Firefox application if you do not see the Firefox window.
- Open the system menu of that Firefox window via Alt+Space and see if you can move and resize that window (use the keyboard cursor keys).
If that works then first close all other open Firefox windows and then close Firefox via "File > Exit/Quit" to save that setting.
You can check for problems caused by a corrupted localstore.rdf file.