I downloaded the latest version of Firefox- this version will only permit me to view bookmark. No typed in websites- bizarre.
I updated to the most up-to-date version of Firefox- this version will no longer permit me to type in websites. I can only go to websites via referral from another website or from my Bookmarks. It has nothing to do with secure versus non-secure websites.
- Google Update
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 4.10; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Did you try to open a new window to see if that gives you a working location bar?
If that works then close the not working window.
Updating Firefox to the latest version did not work. Trying another window did not work. I can only access bookmarks or referred websites. The system will not permit me to type in a web address. It just ignores it. None of this happened before I updated Firefox a couple of months ago.
You may have a add-on or plugin blocking it. First try to reset Firefox. Close out of Firefox. Go to RUN and type Firefox -safe-mode Click enter. Chose to reset Firefox. Firefox should reset then come on. If it doesn't Firefox may still be running in the background. Start the task manager and go to processes tab and sort by name. End Firefox if you find it. Now try again. Now click on the Firefox symbol and choose Add-ons. In the Extentions tab I disable everything and/or remove these. Now go into the plugins tab and disable anything that looks suspicious. Close out Firefox and open it back up and see if it lets you go to a website using the address bar.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If you reset Firefox then a new profile is created and some of your data (bookmarks, history, cookies, passwords, form data) is automatically imported and your current profile will be moved to the desktop (Old Firefox Data).
You will lose extensions and other customizations (toolbars, prefs) that you've made.
It is possible to recover more data from the old profile, but be cautious to avoid carrying over the problem.