firefox 22 keeps crashing
bp-51be9f9b-c8d8-455a-b8ea-e70072130723 bp-8e5327a5-0523-42af-ab49-374a72130723 bp-ea6e0da5-2757-4b2a-b107-cb62d2130723
I use ffox with 100 tabs open, it crashes once per 2hours or so, sometimes faster...
I have tried almost everything...
I have used addons like MEMORY FOX, UNLOAD TAB, but no solution...
all extensions updated, all plugins updated....
thanks for any help...
由 Jota 於 修改
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).
Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Is disabled yes. I read about that and has been always disabled.
Thanks for the reply.
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
I cant do that right now, i use ffox for work and i need the 100 tabs open.
can you do this later?
maybe yes, its difficult...
i was hoping to find help and insight info from those crash reports...
How large is your sessionstore.js file in the Firefox profile folder?
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
- bug 767343 - crash in nsSupportsStringImpl::SetData with abort message: "###!!! ABORT: OOM: file e:\builds\moz2_slave\m-cen-w32-ntly\build\xpcom\string\src\nsTSubstring.cpp, line 348"
Please DO NOT comment in bug reports: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html
sessionstore.js is 8 megabytes
thanks for your reply and help
You can try this:
- Make a backup copy of the sessionstore.js
- Bookmark all open tabs via the right-click context menu of the tab bar.
- Verify that you aren't missing websites (Firefox will only bookmark an URL once)
- Move or rename the sessionstore.js file.
Start reopening sites that you really need to check if the problem returns to check if sessionstore.js is causing this problem.
bookmarking each of the 100+ tabs?
and then moving the sessionstore...
and then reopen some of the tabs?
and wait if it crashes?
theres no other way?
You need to test whether this is a problem with Session Restore (sessionstore) or if it is something else.
If you want to preserve any tabs (websites) from the current session then you will have to bookmark all currently open tabs.
You can bookmark all open tabs in one action via the right-click context menu of the tab bar, so no need to bookmark each of them separately if that is what you think.
I have been running Firefox on my machine for over 6 months (Windows 8 Pro 64) and have had no issues until version 22. Since then, and including 23, it crashes couple of hours. I see no pattern. I could be scrolling a page, or typing in a text field, and it will just crash. I don't know what was changed in 22 but there's something that has made it very unstable.
由 nicko68 於 修改
If you have submitted crash reports then please post the IDs of one or more recent crash reports that have a "bp-" prefix:
You can find the IDs of the submitted crash reports on the about:crashes page.
- You can open the about:crashes page via the location bar, like you open a website, or open the crash reports page via "Help > Troubleshooting Information".
They seem to have started happening frequently on Aug 13, so here are all the ones from then.
bp-15a7c0d8-cfe3-4238-a23b-dd17e2130816 2013-08-169:57 AM bp-3c1cb236-175b-4f4a-8438-1e2bf2130816 2013-08-1511:46 PM bp-a82fa35b-8363-4c44-98ab-978cc2130816 2013-08-159:38 PM bp-c2ad0165-0cc0-4568-839e-3fbae2130815 2013-08-157:03 PM bp-9136ff31-191c-45ba-a028-709e22130815 2013-08-154:47 PM bp-5cf5321b-c1d6-4d8b-8f4c-3ed202130815 2013-08-151:09 PM eb9e11b7-333b-4a2c-abaa-9a61d4f041ad 2013-08-156:12 AM bp-a9bf8fd2-7cd4-47b1-adba-a17cd2130814 2013-08-145:29 PM bp-639ecfbc-9f02-47a6-9f52-ffc112130814 2013-08-142:48 PM bp-69c24be0-d3c7-48f3-94fd-3d6c32130814 2013-08-1412:33 PM bp-62ac59c4-8ddb-4593-a800-4e1772130814 2013-08-1410:15 AM bp-add4d1fa-7543-4962-8638-e27832130814 2013-08-1311:22 PM
由 cor-el 於 修改
A new windows update causes that crash i think, there was another thread about that.
I forgot to mention, I can just leave Firefox running and not doing anything and I come back after some time and it's crashed. This happened last night and just now.
Oh really? I need to look for that thread. Thanks.
Unfortunately the linked crash reports have a [@ EMPTY] signature and do not provide data that would make it possible to tell something about the cause of the crash.
The first two reports show a rather high System Memory Use Percentage of around 80%, so you may be suffering from memory issues.
are my new crashes empty too? or theres some info that can be useful there?
Yeah looks like having less tabs might make it crash less. In the first link, that linked to
- bug 767343 crash in nsSupportsStringImpl::SetData with abort message: "###!!! ABORT: OOM: file e:\builds\moz2_slave\m-cen-w32-ntly\build\xpcom\string\src\nsTSubstring.cpp, line 348"
- and there was a comment saying
- One other thing I've discovered. I haven't had this crash appear since I reduced the number of tabs open in my session. I have a number of tabs open (or disabled through an extension). So it could be related to sites that use plugins or a lot of DOM/HTML like FB and a large number of tabs open or other sources of load. Since my computer has a large amount of horse power, it may take proportionally more load to cause the crash than it otherwise might.
So yeah make sure everything is updated, and you have enough RAM to handle 100+ tabs