Random Crashes FF 18.0.2
I have random crashes with FF while browsing various websites. It can crash when switching websites or even when not even moving the mouse.
I think I may have an incompatible plugin somewhere. Can anyone offer some advice?
Last 2 crash reports -- bp-668e04f5-8134-4f52-bdd4-b62892130211
Edit: Add another crash--
Edit 2: After using the reset Firefox feature, I got another 2 crashes--
由 googlecrashusername 於 修改
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I'm not having the crashes since upgrading to firefox 19. I was still having issues with my norton toolbar and norton search engine. It was recommended I upgrade to firefox 19, since it is compatible with norton now. It's been more than a week now and no crashes from norton either. If you have norton toolbar, try upgrading to 19!
由 Sassy247 於 修改
Update. Uninstalled ZoneAlarm. Still crashing
But... I think I may have a stick of RAM going bad. Could that affect Firefox and nothing else? New feature with FF to detect hardware failure lol.
I have update Flash Player set ProtectedMode to 0, Updated FF v 22, Updated java and still freezes, I have no intentions of reseting FF I have tweaked it to how I like it and it worked fine until ( and I don't remember which update) I updated it. Ps I tried Disabling and even uninstalling Realplayer extention and a FF extension called Fasterfox I also disabled even though it these worked fine prior to upgrade and still problems. I was very pro FF till now, Chrome is starting to look like a better option now. I have found orbit download manager caused conflict in the passed so I disabled that too, I have Avast and Comodo Internet security on my system with exceptions set and have had no problem with the combo in the passed. Really don't want to give up on FF it was the best, I have considered downgrading.
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).
Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!