Firefox keeps crashing
Moziila Firefox crashes and sends reports constantly ! Getting the following popup alert notices.
- 1} -END PROGRAM.."PROGRAM IS NOT RESPONDING"
#2} MOZILLA CRASH REPORTER.."WERE SORRY FIREFOX HAD A PROBLEM AND CRASHED"
#3} WELL THIS IS EMBARRASSING.."FIREFOX IS HAVING TROUBLE RECOVERING YOUR WINDOWS AND TABS" ect..
Can you fix this or must I get a NEW BROWSER ?
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Ask Toolbar Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.3
- DivX® Web Player
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox location bar (that's where you enter your website names) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the most recent 5 report IDs that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your forum response.
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Tried several times but keep getting "SORRY PAGE NOT FOUND" ??
Further.. don't really know if I did it the proper way !
Just clear the Location bar (address bar), which is where you see http or https web addresses listed, type in about:crashes and press the enter key.
There's an about:crashes link in the Firefox Help - > Troubleshooting Information page, if that's easier.
When I do that I see the words SUBMITTED CRASH REPORTS above words REPORT ID on left side & the words REMOVE ALL REPORTS inside a box above the words DATE SUBMITTED on the right side...but no data.
Also, superimposed over this is a pop up warning notice box stating "UNRESPONSIVE SCRIPT" ect.. and below states SCRIPT:CHROME://GLOBAL/CONTENT/CRASHES.JS:125 At the bottom there are two options to either CONTINUE or STOP SCRIPT ..I have tried both still no data on crash reports??
The links under "Report ID" that start with "bp-" are the crash reports, as shown in the image here.
Either copy the bp- report IDs or post the actual links in your reply.
Hi thanks but there are no links or other data as I said..nothing happens by clicking on the words but the weird part is the "Warning:Unresponsive Script" notice which reads chrome://global/content/crashes.js:125 which is in front of the about:crashes result as explained. The only thing I can probably get a response from or do on the crash report is hit the remove all reports box...but ???
If you can't get to the crash reports from the "Submitted Crash Reports" (about:crashes page) then try getting them by following these directions:
- Click the Windows Start button, then click on Run (oress the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]). This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID into the reply window in this thread.
Otherwise, the best I can suggest is to try the troubleshooting suggestions in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
bp-8b7da1b8-218c-43e6-9ab6-02cec2130122 1/22/2013 2:46 PM bp-89d3e59f-d411-4925-aea1-9f5722130122 1/22/2013 1:18 PM bp-1b3036da-46aa-4b06-985e-46af42130122 1/22/20131 2:07 PM bp-fc677594-4bd9-4285-88f6-c9a542130122 1/22/20131 2:07 PM bp-c121ce07-b644-44dd-993a-4a6412130121 1/21/2013 3:47 PM
由 cor-el 於 修改
I'll check out these crash reports:
bp-8b7da1b8-218c-43e6-9ab6-02cec2130122 ..... 1/22/2013 2:46 PM bp-89d3e59f-d411-4925-aea1-9f5722130122 ..... 1/22/2013 1:18 PM bp-1b3036da-46aa-4b06-985e-46af42130122 ..... 1/22/2013 12:07PM bp-fc677594-4bd9-4285-88f6-c9a542130122 ..... 1/22/2013 12:07 PM bp-c121ce07-b644-44dd-993a-4a6412130121 ..... 1/21/2013 3:47 PM
The first report is
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/8b7da1b8-218c-43e6-9ab6-02cec2130122 Firefox 18.0.1 Crash Report [@ coffplgn.dll@0x3714 ]
The next three don't show up but the last one is
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/c121ce07-b644-44dd-993a-4a6412130121 Firefox 18.0.1 Crash Report [@ coffplgn.dll@0x3714 ]
In both cases, the related bugs are
830107 VERIFIED DUPLICATE On the 11 Jan 2013 an automatic FF upgrade to V.18 took place on my computer. Since the upgrade FF opens but continually crashes. 783369 NEW --- Norton Confidential 2012/2013 crashes (couictlr.dll, coffplgn.dll)
These crashes are caused by Norton software, As a temporary fix until the problem is fixed, disable the Norton Toolbar extension (or any other Norton extension) from the Firefox Add-ons Manager Extensions list then close Firefox and restart Firefox. If you need help doing that see:
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Disable or remove Add-ons under "How to disable extensions ..."
This problem is being researched by Tyler Dower: see this thread: https://support.mozilla.org/forums/contributors/708917 so you can send Tyler Downer a Private Message from his user page, if you want to: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/user/633449
(Norton) Symantec employees are also gathering information on this crash. See this thread: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Norton-toolbar-update-crashes-Firefox-18/td-p/890159 Norton toolbar update crashes Firefox 18
The last two posts were directed at RBarr who posted the crash reports with the signature, Firefox 18.0.1 Crash Report [@ coffplgn.dll@0x3714 ]
redflag: any luck getting crash reports?
Thank you for your help. It works! First time I've been able to close an individual or multiple tabs since the latest release of Firefox! I'll be sure and keep tracking Tyler's thread for updated info. YAY!
I am having this problem as well. What is the fix?
peter2013, I answered you in the thread you started here:
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/948473#answer-402047 MOZILLA FIREFOX 18.0.1 CRASHES
I've been having this problem for the past several days as well.
bp-c8cb24cf-c90f-494d-9c0a-c5e212130130 1/30/2013 11:53 AM bp-42b90f9c-faf3-4314-8c11-f58352130128 1/28/2013 2:37 PM bp-1c86bd97-7df1-4dc5-8e01-59cd42130128 1/28/2013 2:25 PM 06dedc46-c49b-4c41-b24b-b953bb4ae967 1/26/2013 7:28 PM ae3a6e87-bd9d-4843-95d1-3ea965d83ae5 1/26/2013 7:24 PM
由 cor-el 於 修改
Try the suggestions in these articles:
- Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes
If you need more help you should start a new thread with the crash report IDs (the Forum rules and guidelines say, For support requests, do not re-use existing threads started by others, even if they are seemingly on the same subject.)
Try to increase the size of the Windows page file.
You can check the Virtual Memory settings here: Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Settings (Advanced tab)
Windows can manage more memory then is physical available and that memory is stored in a page file on your hard drive.
If the size of that file is not large enough and all available memory is in use then you get the Virtual Memory is low warning.
Could someone help me please , mines been crashing for nearly a year now . bp-297a2a95-78f0-42bc-893e-de28a2130213