I'm getting a pop up "can't find server" prompt with an e-mail address in jibberish. can't get rid of it even with spyware programs.
I'm getting a "cannot find server" popup, in the midst of my browsing. I'll close the window and it almost immediately pops back up. The prompt reads as:
"Firefox can't find the server at www.ƒÚ[-Öjº?½î?îÑ]Žxá+Ï?¬ºgû°õ.com."
1. what is this jibberish-type address called? 2. how can I get rid of it?- i've used spyware programs and it remails
Update your firefox to Firefox 18.0.1 and try it... ________________________________________________________________________________
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You most likely have a corrupted user agent that identifies you as Firefox/3.5.3
Delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.