if I delete firefox will I lose all bookmarks
I have a virus and want to delete firefox and re-download it. will I lose all my bookmarks?
Deleting Firefox isn't the best option if you have a virus. Try to do the following (after you update Firefox Update Firefox to the latest release):
Scan for Malware
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
There are other things that need your attention.
Your plugins list in the system details show that you have two older Flash plugins installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
You should remove (uninstall) them both and install the latest Flash player.