Firefox won't remember password for a site I visit several tiimes everyday
Hi, I am experiencing an issue whenever I log into my Uni website. I am using 17.0. I have to update my Uni password every 3 months and in the past, Firefox would ask me if I wish to update the new password into its records every time I changed. Whenever I would click on the bookmarked Uni link my Uni ID number and password would appear as the page loaded and I could simply login by right clicking the Login link.
This worked well for a while and then stopped working and I can’t for the life of me think of what changes would have been made. I have scoured the support website looking at solutions and none have worked so far. I have checked Exceptions in the security tab to make sure that the site is not being blocked and that is all clear.
Not sure of what to do next…
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- iLok Client Helper Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
The website may be using autocomplete=off to prevent Firefox from saving and filling the name and password.
You can remove autocomplete=off with a bookmarklet to make Firefox save the name and password.
Use these steps to remove saved (form) data from a drop down list:
- Click the (empty) input field on the web page to open the drop down list
- Highlight an entry in the drop down list
- Press the Delete key (on Mac: Shift+Delete) to remove it.
You can check if there are entries in the password manager with an empty user name.
Remove saved Password(s):
- Tools > Options > Security: Passwords: "Saved Passwords" > "Show Passwords"