I want to keep the Feedly icon visible in my toolbar area.
I am logged into my Google account which is associated with Feedly. The first time I downloaded it, I saw the icon. When I closed Firefox and reopened, it disappeared. I have since upgraded to version 17 and reset Firefox. When I initially installed the Feedly addon again, the icon showed up. After closing FF and reopening - it has again disappeared and I cannot find it in the options for the AddOn bar. Please help - I am looking for a way to remember to check my RSS feeds and this seems perfect!!
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Facebook Desktop Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- AppWorld NPAPI plugin
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
If you have security software (antivirus, firewall etc.) installed, you can try deleting all existing instances of Firefox and its related processes/files in all the different configuration modules/areas of the security software like process monitoring, sub/spawned process control, virtualization, HIPS etc., in addition to the security software's main configuration panel. Instead create new fully allowed/trusted rules for Firefox + its related processes in all the different modules/panels - a genuine/original Firefox installer as well as all the installed EXEs (Application) and DLLs (Application extension) are digitally signed by Mozilla Corporation (right-click > Properties > Digital Signatures). Even otherwise, some security software may also ask again when Firefox and/or its sub processes are started, and you may be able to allow/trust at that time. Please see this.
You can also try to temporarily disable the security software for a few minutes, install the add-on, restart Firefox once or twice and check.
If the problem persists and you're able to rule out security software interference, you can reset Firefox and start afresh.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If you would like to take a listing of the add-ons, changed preferences/settings etc. to quickly replicate the previous profile, please Copy all to clipboard (on the left of the reset button), and paste it into MS Office Excel, or OpenOffice/LibreOffice Calc, or notepad. However, it would be a good idea to check for the existence of the issue immediately after the reset.
Thanks for your answer. My firewall wasn't blocking anything related to FireFox. I went in and uninstalled and reinstalled and now it appears to be staying put. I did the whole reset of FF before I made this posts. Not sure what fixed it but thanks!
ARG, my Feedly icon has again disappeared and I cannot get it back. Any other ideas to try other than above?
You can try placing the icon from the Customize (right-click the + after the last tab) mini-window. Please note that the exact icon may not be immediately obvious; if you hover the mouse over the icons, esp. over any unnamed ones, you may be able to find the icon. It may look like a bunch of icons (<- -> X) clubbed together as one with no name.
If the problem persists, you can also try checking the Feedly support for any new issues.
由 dumdidadida 於 修改