Every time I click on anything on a page it opens it in a new tab. How do I make it stop?
That's pretty much it. Any link I click on opens in a new tab. For example anything on facebook: a new notification, clicking on pictures, clicking on the facebook icon to refresh the page. I can't click on anything with out it opening a new tab.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
On FB, links to external sites usually open in a new tab or new window, but links within FB usually stay in the same tab.
Do you have any tab-related add-ons that might be changing how links work? For example, you can check your extensions on the following page. You may want to disable everything nonessential and restart Firefox to see whether that cures it.
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category
What you describe also might be caused by a stuck Ctrl key. Tapping it vigorously several times may unstick it if it's a physical keyboard problem. If it's a Windows glitch, restarting Windows probably would resolve it.