Awesomebar autocomplete buggy, annoying
So, this is the problem. The url-bar (the "Awesomebar") predicts the website I'm typing and already puts it in there for me to enter.
The thing is, I mistyped a website once, for example:
now, every time I enter www.y it shows "yotube.com" in the Awesomebar and "youtube" in the dropdown right under it.
So the prediction is false, while the bookmark is the right website.
Which means that every time I type www.y - it shows www.yotube.com and I'm sent to the wrong website, having to add a 'u' every time. Even though the bookmark shows the correct website and the prediction doesn't.
Even if I delete history, "forget about this website", delete places.sqlite and do all that, it stays like that.
Here's a picture: http://i.imgur.com/RbEAx.jpg
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Pando Web Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.1999
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2069
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r45
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
You can also right-click and Toggle the key browser.urlbar.autoFill to false in about:config.
The Config Descriptions add-on adds helpful source comments in about:config.
Also, if you manually choose the correct one for the next one or two times, then it will receive higher priority. So eventually you would get it right.
Use these steps to remove saved (form) data from a drop down list:
- Click the (empty) input field on the web page to open the drop down list
- Highlight an entry in the drop down list
- Press the Delete key (on Mac: Shift+Delete) to remove it.
I don't want to disable the autofill, and I don't want to delete the dropdown entry.
The dropdown entry is correct. There's no need to delete it. The prediction in the URL-bar is incorrect, and it needs to be deleted or changed. (check the image - dropdown says "ool" and prediction says "ol")
Nevermind - I fixed it by disabling autofill and enabling it again.