When I updated FF Eco Start Page became my start PAge and default search place WHY?
Updating to new version of Fire Fox, my home page was changed to eco Start Page and my default search was a yahoo Eco Start Page . Why did this happen? I had trouble correcting this and how can this happen to FF? I thought your browser was secure.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Picasa plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
I'm also having this exact same problem. I was able to change my homepage back to its default, but have no clue as to how to change by default search back to Google.
Try to reset some preferences to the default with the SearchReset extension:
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
EcoStartpage.com is a malicious browser hijacker. This redirection and automatic homepage settings are done by a malware application. anyhow, you have to scan your system with an anti-malware tool to detect and remove this infection, or you may delete it manually by eliminating this virus` components How to remove EcoStartpage browser hijack virus