How do I change some and delete some FireFox setup settings?
See the "troubleshooting Information" below. It is my FireFox setup. I would like to learn more about the settings with a string of asterisks (**********) to the right of the information before I change these options - if possible. Also, I would like to delete the unnecessary Canon printer information with a string of pound/hash symbols (##########) to the right of this information.
Is this possible?
hello irishTexan, i hope this will help you understand those preferences better:
- browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand = options > tabs > don't load tabs until selected
- browser.tabs.loadInBackground = options > tabs > when i open a link in a new tab switch to it immediately
- browser.tabs.warnOnClose = options > tabs > warn me when closing multiple tabs
- i would only change the prefs starting with places. & privacy. from within the user interface to avoid any unintended consequences: firefox > options > privacy panel
- you can delete the printer entries, by right-clicking each line & selecting reset, then they will be removed after a restart of the browser
- security. warn_viewing_mixed; true (default): Display a dialog warning the user when a page has both encrypted and non-encrypted content; false: Opposite of the above
- and last but not least: the graphics driver warning is pretty self-explanatory, if you want to use hardware acceleration please update your graphics driver, preferably directly from the support section of the AMD website to get the latest version.