Problem with Firefox going transparent troubleshoot and find a solution
It is still of interest to collect information as the cause and specific solution of such problems.
I am John, one of the forum moderators.
We have been seeing quite a few questions about Firefox going transparent. Our expert contributor madperson has solved many of these questions already, but we have not yet found the cause of the problem. There is a workaround, and will explain it in the next comment.
Meanwhile may I ask for your help please so that we may gather information on this and try to work out a proper solution. It would help if everyone with such a problem starts their own thread, and then posts into this thread to confirm that they have done so.
To start your own thread and put the required information in it
- Ask a question by following this link: /questions/new
- it first of all asks for a question title just say "Transparent Firerfox"
- you get the opportunity to read similar questions and relevant articles, you may do that if you wish
- there is then a largish box in which to type the full question Details describe you problem there the best you can. also see the next comment about the workarounds and try to give information about what worked and additional information about any changes
- next it is asking for system information and confirmation of details alongside a Troubleshooting Information it is really helpful if at this stage you can as requested paste the troubleshooting information into the box.
Use Help -> Troubleshooting Information; click on the button [copy information to clipboard] then paste that information into the box (Keyboard key Ctrl + P when both are pressed at the same time should paste the content from the clipboard)
- Click on the green button to [Post Question]
- Then comeback here to confirm you have posted.
- Keep your eye on both posts and we will post updates as we discover what is happening.
由 John99 於 修改
- Try Firefox in safe mode
- for instance by starting with the shift key pressed, or using the menu item
- see Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode
- it is expected this will solve the problem, please confirm this does help
- do NOT at this stage try the ResetFirefox feature (Because you will loose all Firefox extensions that yo have installed if you use reset).
- Restart Firefox and come out of safemode
- now turn off Hardware Acceleration
- see Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems_turn-off-hardware-acceleration
- use (Vista) Firerfox Button -> Options -> Advanced |General |
- restart Firefox again
- does this help or not ?
- At this stage it is really useful if you can ensure we have details of your graphics card and graphics drivers.
- IF turning off hardware acceleration helped, next try upgrading your graphics drivers
- once you have done that can you again say whether this helped ?
I would hope it does, and let us know what you upgraded to
- IF turning off Hardware Acceleration did not help BUT safemode DID help then you will need to look at all add-ons and themes/personas that are installed list them carefully and reinstall one at a time to try to find out which one is the problem
- if you think you find which one is the problem it would help if you could try to verify that by running Firefox
- with all addons other than that one disabled
- and with only that one enabled
Someone will try to look at these results and hopefully we will get to the bottom of this problem.
(There is a possibility malware is implicated in some of these problems but this question is already rather complicated.)
由 John99 於 修改