Check your plugins page will not stop showing
My user keeps getting the "Check your plugin" page showing on startup. I need this page to stop showing regardless of any plugins that need updates. We use an outdated version of a plugin that we can not update due to a program that requires it. (vendor only updates software 4x a year)
Any way to remove this annoying page?
You can try to right-click and toggle the value of plugins.update.notifyUser to false in about:config. If all's good, you can distribute a user.js with the entry user_pref("plugins.update.notifyUser", false); which has to be placed in the user's Profile Folder.
The Config Descriptions add-on adds helpful source comments in about:config.
由 dumdidadida 於 修改
go to About:config and find plugins.hide_infobar_for_outdated_plugin then double-click on it, to toggle it to "TRUE".
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.
That didnt work About:config and made the changes...
1) plugins.hide_infobar_for_outdated_plugin then double-click on it, to toggle it to "TRUE".
2)plugins.update.notifyUser to false
non of these two solutions worked.
Since I didn't find any solution to my issue this is what I did to stop that annoying page of Plugins - I use about:config - search for Plugin - selected plugins.update.url and I changed to whatever web site I wanted in my case https://www.google.com Hope it helps...cause sure worked for me :)
- type about:config on the address bar
- copy and paste "plugins.update.url" on the search box
- double click then delete the url (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/) in the box
由 daijean11 於 修改
1. In Firefox, click 'Help' in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
2. From the menu that drops down click 'About Firefox'.
3. The version of Firefox you have installed is displayed in the window that appears. As the window opened, my Firefox began to update to version 19.0. When the update completed I restarted Firefox and the problem was gone. Firefox now starts up with one tab containing my home page.
由 mooroopuss 於 修改