Gmail used to work, but now has stopped working in 15.0.1
Received this error message starting a few days ago. To get to my Gmail account I have to use Safari or Chrome. When I loaded FF it worked fine, then it just stopped recently.
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
- This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
All Replies (6)
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thanks for the info, but since I don't know what is an Extension, Open website or some Preferences. I am reluctant to use this suggestion. I really did not want to start over with Firefox. I can just bounce over to Safari or Chrome and not have to redo everything or simply use Firefox for the one task I need which is managing our church's website.
Just don't think it's serious enough of a problem to start over fresh. ??
The Firefox reset isn't "Fresh", it will save all your bookmarks, history, passwords, etc. It's the best way to fix most problems. If you want to try a more detailed method, try Firefox can't load websites but other browsers can
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Try to disable SPDY as using this feature has been reported to cause issues with Gmail.
You can do that by setting all network.http.spdy.* prefs to false on the about:config page.
Thanks cor-el. That worked!