Can't upgrade my firefox to 4.0. I have a mac OSX 10.8.2. Preferences are set up to auto upgrade but dos'nt. Opening about firefox dos'nt check for upgrades.
IMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
每當開啟 Firefox 的時候
I don't know
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- npmnqmp 071303000006
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Allows webpages to support pressure-sensitive drawing on Wacom pen tablets.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6
I would suggest that you download the version of Firefox that you want, and install it manually. Why do you want Firefox 4.0? The current version is 15.0.1. You can find any version you want here:
I did'nt realize I was so far behind on the versions. I just assumed firefox was keeping me up to date in the background. Is there a link to instructions on how to load 15.0.1 manually?
1. Download a copy of the latest firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
2. Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean install.
3. Install the version that you have downloaded.
Do not select to remove your personal data, your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks or other personal data.
see also: Installing Firefox on Mac