FireFox Update 15.01 while not 'connect' to the update server leaving Firefox out of date; using a Mac Mini.
Fire Fox has been requesting this update for over a month now and it still will not update. I have tried manual updates with no change. The Update menu still comes up when I launch the browser and it just can not connect to the update server.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
If there is an issue with update or permissions the better and safest way is to download and install firefox:
1. Download (with safari or another browser) a copy of the latest firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
2. Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean install.
3. Install the version that you have downloaded.
Do not select to remove your personal data, your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks or other personal data.
see also: Installing Firefox on Mac
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.