Bookmarks toolbar is empty despite every published fix and updating
The Bookmarks Toolbar is empty (although Bookmarks are still shown in Bookmarks/Bookmarks Toolbar) I reinstalled FF15 - same problem; I upgraded to FF 16 beta - same problem, I backed up and restored the Bookmarks I deleted all the suggested profile files the 'Bookmarks Toolbar Items' is on the toolbar. I rebooted etc
yes to both questions. already repaired places.sqlite etc. Finally solved by removing incompatible add-ons (even though they were disabled one of them caused the bookmarks to disappear...)從原來的回覆中察看解決方案 👍 1
Set 'View' > 'Toolbar' > 'Customize' > to add or display bookmark toolbar...
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible: "View > Toolbars" or "Firefox > Options"
- Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout
- Check that the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette in the customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up
Already done ALL of that (several times!)
Does the Bookmarks Toolbar Items show on the Bookmarks Toolbar if you open the Customize window?
Does the Bookmarks Toolbar folder show in other places like the Bookmarks menu or Bookmarks Manager or the Bookmarks Sidebar?
Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.
You can try to check and repair the places database with this extension:
yes to both questions. already repaired places.sqlite etc. Finally solved by removing incompatible add-ons (even though they were disabled one of them caused the bookmarks to disappear...)
I had the same issue. Disable, then enable. It worked until I closed the browser. I think it was an interaction with Tab Mix Plus. I hit Check For Updates in extensions window and it seems to be normal now. I just installed 16.02 today. Thought I'd save someone some anguish if they're encountering the same flaky behavior. What's really weird is when the bookmarks bar contents disappear, the menu is totally disabled except for that lame red Firefox button. It's been my experience changing the menu to one Super Button and other Ribbon Crap just hoses an application that would otherwise work as expected.
(Now that I look that lame button is gone!! heh heh heh. Killed 2 birds one stone)
由 MilesAhead 於 修改
I had the same problem. I solved it today:
In the Customize toolbars window (View > Toolbars > Customize) press the "reset to default" button.
Links come back. Then you can recustomize your toolbars as usual.